[If you want to remove the Isearch toolbar please click here.]
The iSearch PHP Search Engine
The iSearch PHP search engine allows you to build a searchable database for your
web site. Visitors can search for key words and a list of any pages that match
is returned to them.
iSearch is a tool for allowing visitors to a website to perform a search on
the contents of the site. Unlike other such tools the spidering engine is
written in PHP, so it does not require binaries to be run on the server to
generate the search index for HTML pages.
Try it our using the search box above, for example, try searching for the
terms "download" or "install".
- Spider engine written in PHP - there are no binaries to run on the server.
- Runs in PHP safe mode.
- Performs simple page match scoring and ranking.
- Can spider subdomains or multiple domains.
- Allows multiple spider entry points.
- Versatile page inclusion/exclusion, including robots.txt parsing with Google
- Parts of pages (e.g. menus) can be excluded from indexing.
- Can generate a site map automatically from the search index.
- Auto Spider feature ensures that your search index is kept up-to-date
automatically, even if you cannot run "cron" jobs on your web
- Customisable by inserting your own HTML code before and after search results.
- Multiple languages.
A professional version is available which also includes the following additional features:
- Allows removal of the "Powered By iSearch" line.
- Support for PDF documents (content of document is searchable).
- Support for Microsoft Word documents (content of document is searchable).
- Support for Groups, allowing your site to be split into sections for individual searching.
- Support for adding additional links which are displayed when particular keywords are searched for.
- Exact searches can be performed (only matching whole phrases.)
- Source code provided, allowing customisation to fit your site.
iSearch takes note of the following data from the HTML <HEAD> section
of each page:
- <TITLE>page title</TITLE>
- <META name="keywords" content="word1,word2,word3...">
- <META name="description" content="a description of the page">
- <META name="robots" content="nofollow,noindex,noarchive">
In addition all words from the body are put into the search index.
iSearch performs simple page match scoring. Keywords score highly, and some
<BODY> words (those in <H1> to <H5> headings) are given higher
relevance in search scoring.
iSearch currently supports the following languages:
This site is hosted by Z-Host. For low cost PHP web hosting visit Z-Host.com. Web hosting plans start at just $20 PER YEAR.
PHP Mission - PHP Tutorials and Forums